As a new branch in our product strategy, we have started to develop a series of product base on micro controllers.
For ease of access to development tools and examples we have selected the Texas Instruments MSP430 processor family.
Our first product is the “Integrated Volume Controller” (IVC). The IVC is build for a 24 volt environment.
The IVC is mounted in a box with 4 phono female plugs (A.k.a. RCA or CINCH/AV - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RCA_connector) two for audio source input and two for volume controlled output. The data cabel is mounted in screw terminal block with 3 pins.
The IVC comes preloaded with a program that enables it to be used in the LK IHC as any standard output module.
Standard features of the IVC:
- Standard phono/RCA audio plugs
- Volume control on the line signal
- Build in 2X amplification if needed
- 64 volume levels
- Can use any standard audio device as source
Features of the IVC loaded with IHC compatible software:
- Works as a standard 8 port output module
- One output signal for volume up
- One output signal for volume down
- One output signal for mute/un-mute
- One press steps volume one
- Continuing press increases/decreases the volume progressively
- Mute with one press
- Un-mute by pressing mute or volume up/down
Example of usage: